Sunday, April 22, 2012

Casual Friday - Denim Dilemma

TGIF,  it's the end to a work week and allows for a more relaxed dress code. Time to put away your monkey suits people and slip into a pair of denim.


When I worked in the corporate sector I always looked forward to Fridays because I could wear a pair jeans and felt so confident. Mind you, this was before I came into my love affair of fashion so I found it hard to feel good in corporate attire.


The Man Repeller did an awesome style piece for ELLE on how to translate your fashion sense to break the traditional 9-5 uniform.


Man Repeller for ELLE

I loved reading this as it totally inspired me to jazz up my "professional" wardrobe. Who says you can't rock a graphic tee to a luncheon?


That article needed its day in the sun, now back to casual Friday. No matter how lenient a dress code is, you are still representing a company. Jeans that you would wear while gardening and running sneakers are not appropriate choices ... even though you may think they fit within the dress code.


Go for dark wash denim. Any leg will do, but personally I prefer a clean 5 pocket skinny or a trouser cut. These silhouettes are classic and will get you through your day.


J Brand 620 in Starless


Citizen's of Humanity Hutton High Rise in Dark Paris


Just because the dress code is lowered, does not mean it is weekend fashion time. You never know when opportunity may knock and you don't want to be mistaken for janitor ... just sayin' 

No comments:

Post a Comment