Sunday, April 29, 2012

because one is not enough

skirt : Brandy Melville / tee: Gap / blazer : Zara / tote : Longchamp / 
sandals : Sam Edelman / necklaces : House of Harlow / polish: China Glaze re-fresh mint


When people ask me what my own personal style is I freeze. Girly? Tom boy? Feminine? Edgy? Artistic? Trendy? I really don't know how to define my own style. But I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing.


In my line of work I'm exposed to every style and trend on the rainbow and I grow an appreciation for all of them so I can maximize my clienteles experience in the store. This has led my own wardrobe to have an identity crisis. You would never know what kind of girl belonged to it. 


I'm a firm believer in buying quality pieces however, I like to mix in some mainstream brands to help ease the cost of outfits. I found this Gap tee for $5 ... a steal ... you can't even buy a martini for that.




jeans : Current/Elliott / tee : Nation / boots : Frye / belt : Brave / 
necklace : House of Harlow / bracelets : House of Harlow, Stella & Dot


As a great example of variety compare the next outfit. This is what I wore to work today. The weather was acting like a monsoon so I wanted to be comfy. I LOVE mixing prints together. The more they clash the better they look in my books. In today's example it is cloud print and leopard print (my addiction I can't help it, it was inherited through my nanny). The House of Harlow locket and bangle are classic go-tos in my jewellery box. I just purchased this Stella & Dot bracelet ... a key addition that I am very fond of. To finish the look I pulled on my Frye boots - which make every outfit bad ass.


Photos were taken by my bestie Dustin who currently writes the menswear section in Grease & Glamour.



No comments:

Post a Comment