Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Sweat Pant Par-tay

pants : Club Monaco / tee : James Perse / vest : Club Monaco / 
shoes : Steve Madden / necklace : House of Harlow / bracelet : Stella & Dot 


As I was getting ready this morning, and the rain was pouring down, I lost all motivation to put on something tight. I foresaw myself running down Barrington in my purple rain boots and mom's rain slicker (note to self : buy appropriate rainwear ... need vs want. need vs want) trying to get to work before I got soaked or blown away - if you know the area it is a massive wind tunnel. Once I braved the elements I would end up being wet and uncomfortable and been a big sookie baby all day. So I opted for a comfy look. 



I love these sweatpants. I snatched these puppies up a few seasons ago at Club Monaco.  They are the perfect go-to for a blah day when you want to be cozy. But I do have to be very careful when finishing up the look. I can't go too casual with the other pieces or my look comes off as sloppy. I try to avoid the full sweat pant attire as lifestyle wear all together. But that's a whole other post.



That's where these lovely little printed shoesies come in handy. But please ignore the pasty state that my feet are currently - I plan on applying a good coat of self tanner tonight - but until then let's call this "Vampire Chic." Back to the shoes, they were on my Spring shopping list and I found them on my latest trip to Montreal. They add a pop to any outfit. 




So voila, the perfect rainy day outfit! And the the clouds even parted for a moment this afternoon and I was able to get a few shots outside. If you don't like the weather in Halifax, wait 5 minutes and it will change.

No comments:

Post a Comment