Sunday, May 6, 2012

Prints on Prints



jeans : Citizen's of Humanity / top : Brandy Melville / necklace : House of Harlow / 
sandals : Sam Edelman / bracelets : Gorjana, LowLuv and Stella & Dot / 
ring : Black Market

I've said it before over and over in a few of my earlier posts but I'm going to say it again - In fact, I'm going to do an entire outfit post on it! This is, my love for mixing prints.

Floral is huge this season, in any form really. Here, I'm taking the trend in my jeans. I find a lot of women are afraid to do a printed bottom for fear it may amplify areas that don't need to be accentuated. But this cut (the Mandy to be specific) is a nice mid-rise and has a good weight to it. The print is also scattered so it doesn't draw attention to one specific area. Mom and I both own these! 

So all you ladies who are scared to do a printed denim, my advice to you is keep trying! You'll find the right shape and pattern soon. If you don't trust your own fashion sense, give the girls at Foreign Affair a try. They can help pick the perfect pair for you.    

It's slightly hard to make out here (as you know, I'm a little bit lacking in the camera department so for now you're going to have to bare with the iPhone snap shots) but my top is blue and white horizontal stripes. It is subtle, so the main focus is on the pants, but the stripes give a nice finishing touch. 

What are your fav prints to mix and match?! I'd love to hear your fashion suggestions :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment