Sunday, November 4, 2012

Girl's Night Out

I've been M.I.A due to the crazy month that is September and trickles into October. I will put up some of my pictures from market week after this post.

A few girlfriends and I went out for dinner on Friday night. Had a great time at The Bicycle Thief ... highly recommend! Amazing food and atmosphere.

Normally, I like to get all dolled up for a night out, but I had a slight change of heart Friday night because it was rainy and windy out - and hosiery just were not appealing at all. I really wanted to incorporate one of my fav new purchases - a green jersey from Artizia that was mocked after the Isabel Marant jersey top from the Spring/Summer 2012 collection.

Note : I think it is wonderful that you can purchase designer look-a-likes for less at stores such as H&M, Joe Fresh and Zara because not all of us have the budget for designer goods. However, it is important to give credit to where they originated from to truly appreciate the creativity that went into the design.

Isabel Marant top / Hudson Nico jeans / Steve Madden pump / 
Smythe Sharp Shoulder blazer / Rebecca Minkoff Racy clutch

So I paired my top with my fav fitting skinny at the time - the Hudson Nico in chelsea wash. It has a great mid rise, a flattering cut and enough stretch to be comfy yet not flimsy. Instead of loading on the jewels, I kept things simple with an accent shoe - this Steve Madden leopard print pump did the trick. Next, I threw on a neutral blazer and grabbed my studded clutch. Voila, ready to go!

I wanted to post about this because I felt it was a nice alternative to an after 5 look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment