Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Closet Clean Up Review

I'm sure you've all scanned over my last post - I apologize for the massive amounts of photos - but I had to put my inventory list somewheres.  You probably won't believe me, but this was one of many closet clean outs (I feel like I'm admitting some addiction). I have an extremely bad issue with hoarding (not on the TLC reality show level, but still note worthy). If I invest my hard earned money in something I don't like to see it go to waist, so parting with an item is very hard for me.

However, I had an epiphany and decided to sort through my wardrobe and pick out all the pieces I did not wear this season. I thought this was going to be easy and therefore not have to pick out anything. But sadly, I had discovered far too many treasures that I had not worn. This was quit a realization and hopefully I'll be able to change my buying habits.

Instead of storing them for an occasion when I may wear it next year I put in a bag to sell. Note : if you didn't wear it this year, you for sure won't wear it next.
By doing this, it freed up a lot of space in my closet and rolling rack which made organizing my collection 10 times easier. All of my dresses and pants hung to one side of my closet. This was so my maxi's wouldn't drag and look sloppy, and my pants would not get creased when thrown over a hanger.

My denim hoard was then put into the shelving units within my built in wardrobe organizer and sorted by light denim, dark denim, printed and shorts. Each category had its own shelf.


For my rolling rack, it was sorted by top classification. Basic tank top, dressy tank top, basic tees, blouses, sweaters, blazers and jackets. 


To finish off, colour code each section to really see what you have and what you need to fill in the blanks.

I know what you're thinking, what about shoes? This is where I run into a wall. My shoe collection always stumps me because of my limited space. Currently, they are stacked on one side of my closet in original boxes. Stay tuned for when I find the missing link - a shoe rack that fits into my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment