Monday, November 19, 2012

Gimme That Look

Last week, I feel in love with a look from Aimee Song of Song Of Style




Oh yes, now you can see why I loves this look so much. It's by designer Karen Millen and can be purchased at asos.com for $375.80 (+ shipping/taxes/duties). This is a perfect example of how an incredible stylist can transform a piece to make it her own. Loving the dramatic footwear choice - A+. 

I wanted to get this look, but without spending the contemporary price tag for an item that doesn't have a very high cost per wear. I've mentioned this term before, it means getting the most bang for your buck. For example, if you were to purchase the beautiful Karen Millen creation and only wear it once, you're paying $375/wear. But if you're going to wear it four times this holiday season you're paying $93/wear. This is a concept you should use when purchasing luxury goods. While this piece is absolutely beautiful, it's a statement dress that is easily recognizable each time you wear it.

So what I'm saying, is  invest in pieces that you can get multiple uses out of and spend less on novelty items.

Now onto the hunt! Seeing how the baroque trend is so on fire right now, it wasn't that hard to find an alternate.


What do you think? A pretty good alternative if I do say so myself! 

I own the Rebecca Minkoff Fling ... and believe me, this baby has been with me through thick and thin. 100% worth the price tag. The Steve Madden pumps were an amazing deal - sorry kids, but you miss the boat as they were on sale for $49 last week on the brand's official website. As for the skirt - well you really can't beat finding an item that's under 20 bucks! 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment