It's pretty easy to plan out what trends you want to take advantage of each season. For this spring there were florals, neons and pastels galore. But, the tricky part is what do you fill in the blanks with? You know, the perfect pieces that will make your summer wardrobe complete - that give you versatility within your day-night activities.
Tibi maxi dress, Dannijo necklace, Tibi tank, Sam Edelman wedges, Tkees,
Lace shorts, Rebecca Minkoff bag, Dannijo bracelet, Tibi heel,
Graphic Muscle Tee, Denim Cutoffs
1. A maxi dress : This piece can take you from day to night and will be comfortable in any kind of summer weather. You can do this in silk or jersey and pair it with a high heel or a flip flop.
2. Statement necklace : Take an evening look to the next level or glam it up with a basic white tee. The perfect accessory
3. Silk cami : Unlike a cotton or jersey tank, a silk cami can be brought very easily into any after 5 event with little to no thought at all.
5. Wedge : Purely for the comfort reason. You can be in these puppies all day and not have to worry about running home to switch your shoes.
6. Flipflop : A beige flipflop can be tossed in your bag or car just in case of emergencies and you can get away with wearing them because they're neutral and blend in. There's nothing worse than ruining your plans because of sore feet. And you for sure don't want to be that girl, who is caught walking around town barefoot (trust me, I've been there a few too many times).
7. Printed shorts : I'm so over the party dress look. While sometimes the occasion calls for that little black dress, shorts are so in right now, and much more stylish. A printed short (I picked up an awesome pair of lace ones in Montreal last week!! ekkk!!) will be super cute to encorporate.
8. Bag : I've said this a million times, every girl needs a nice bag. It's an investment. End of story.
9. Statement Bracelet : Same reason as a necklace. A little wrist bling never hurt anyone.
10. Stiletto : While a wedge and flipflop are so practical, a high heel is essential to va-va-va-voom up any look.
11. Graphic Tee : While these tend to lean more on the casual side of the tracks, match a lacy bralette, some cute jewels and a wedge and hi. Instant style. Even with a boyfriend jean, to play up that masculine look.
12. Cutoffs : I dedicated an entire post to these a little bit ago. Need I say more?